From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Development process and ...
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:21:00 GMT
On 22.03.2013 16:59, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 3/22/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> [...]
>> So basically you have replied to my commit that *did not* introduce the
>> problem, stated that there was a problem and that the line in question
>> should be reverted "to what it was before"
> yes . I meant «without the bold styling in WikiFormatting» ...
>
>> and told me to fix it
> very wrong . I never said Ryan . I never said «search is all wrong» .
> I said «this is breaking WikiFormatting»

You replied to a mail that had nothing to do with the reported bug. A
conversation on a mailing list is significantly different than face to
face, and correct context is a lot more important. In this case, you
should either have found the actual commit that caused it and replied to
that, or simply reported the bug without referring to any particular
commit; it would have caused less confusion all around.

In any case, the bug is now fixed and the worst thing that can happen is
starting a flame war about what was actually said and how it should be
interpreted. That goes for everyone involved. Let's just move on and, in
future, remember to re-read mails and think about how they can be
interpreted before sending them.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej