From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: #471: Merge activity feed + change history
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:42:23 GMT
On 19/03/13 16:18, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 3/19/13, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/18/13, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>> I've raised  ticket #471 with ideas relating to some major changes on the
>>> ticket page, and I'd like to know what you guys think.
>>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/471
>>>
>> :)

> I forgot to mention something important , at least to me . Top posting
> is annoying . It's so hard to follow that causes me headaches . May we
> but that's maybe just a matter of toggling css classes ...
>
> [...]

That is fair comment.. it might not be great for everyone. One aspect of
that is that if we make it switchable we are likely to have the new
comment at the latest comment end. I think that is what Joe intends with
the buttons above the comment input in the mockup.

We should also make sure that on the ticket page we are showing all
changes (not just the last n days) if we are continuing to use the
widget in that position.

As for the threaded view, perhaps we can add that later if there is
enough demand.

Cheers,
     Gary