From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Development and release process
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:43:59 GMT
On 18.03.2013 22:11, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 3/18/13, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> How hard, exactly, would it be to teach BH to look at remote
>> (Subversion) repositories? I know that the current SVN repository
>> connector requires that, but I haven't been able to figure out how
>> deeply ingrained in Trac is the assumption of local access.
>>
> There is an initial work [2]_ towards that goal but seems to be either
> abandoned or not supported at all . Nevertheless maybe there's a
> chance to continue from that point forward , or otherwise get this
> done from scratch .
>
> However , that would not be enough when it comes to enabling hooks in
> that configuration , as that'd require at least some kind of web hooks
> installed in place . trackhacks:TracWebHooksPlugin is aimed at making
> Trac to offer one such distributed notifications scenario . So the
> issue tracker would be the hooks provider (instead of the consumer ,
> which what we'd need ;) so that would not be useful to get Joachim
> suggestion done .
>
> Is there some kind of support in subversion for distributed VCS
> notifications (be it web hooks or whatever other name ...) that might
> help us to establish those interactions with i.a.o issue tracker ?

Yes, we have svnpubsub, a publish/subscribe framework for signalling
changes in the repository. It was developed inside ASF Infra, and is now
in the Subversion source tree and will be released with the 1.8 package.
It's used for publishing all ASF project websites, for example. It would
make perfect sense to teach BH to be an svnpubsub client.

And of course, svnpubsub is written in Python. :)

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej