From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #467: About page should include a link to Apache Bloodhound
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:18:52 GMT
On 16.03.2013 13:36, Ryan Ollos wrote:
> Maybe you don't think that an issue tracker should exist at all? You
> continue to suggest that we not use the issue tracker for anything as
> far as I can tell. You seem to feel that Subversion and the mailing
> list are entirely adequate, and an issue tracker would then be used
> for what? I disagree, and I can't speak for others, but I get the
> impression that I'm not alone in disagreeing.

An issue tracker should be used for tracking issues, not for discussing
designs or writing code. That's the point Greg and I have been trying to
make. More often than not, instead of filing an issue about a minor nit,
it would make more sense to simply fix said nit in the code or
documentation or wherever.

When I first started looking at this project, I was astounded that I
could find hardly any actual code commits in the noise of ticket changes
on the bloodhound-commits@ list -- and at that point ceased to wonder
why not much progress had been made in almost a year.

This is a bit like the hammer and nail story -- just because you have an
issue tracker doesn't mean every passing thought needs to be recorded in it.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej