From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1455576 - in /incubator/bloodhound/branches/bep_0003_multiproduct/bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct: api.py hooks.py web_ui.py
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:23:32 GMT
On 13.03.2013 17:17, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 3/13/13, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:

>>> I very much disagree with using something like that as the tag that is
>>> effectively a unique key in database columns. Display name is different,
>>> but for database debugging, I really don't want to have to tell the
>>> difference between i and í and ì and ı.
>> Not to mention that those 4 variants of i have 6 different Unicode
>> representations. You do *not* want to deal with Unicode normalization
>> issues in primary keys.
>>
> Like I just said in my previous message ... we already deal with
> unicode values in primary keys , so that belongs in the past ...

Just make triply sure that Trac core actually does normalize the keys
before writing them to the database. Otherwise I'd consider that a
serious bug, because it leaves room for having two identical-looking
primary keys with different bit values. Database collations typically
are not normalization-agnostic.

As far as I can see, Trac core only normalizes the names of attachments.
That's not enough.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej