From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1455576 - in /incubator/bloodhound/branches/bep_0003_multiproduct/bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct: api.py hooks.py web_ui.py
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:47:19 GMT
On 13/03/13 14:23, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 13.03.2013 15:20, Branko Čibej wrote:

>>> things like Hønsdrükḱenshàpełlmünçen (i.e. unicode chars ;) will be
>>> supported , which is nice to have ; and will be matched by TracLinks
>>> expressions
>>> ;)
>> I very much disagree with using something like that as the tag that is
>> effectively a unique key in database columns. Display name is different,
>> but for database debugging, I really don't want to have to tell the
>> difference between i and í and ì and ı.
> Not to mention that those 4 variants of i have 6 different Unicode
> representations. You do *not* want to deal with Unicode normalization
> issues in primary keys.
>
> -- Brane

Yeah, I don't think we have any need to provide such a large character
space to work from. I would also make sure that we are case-insensitive
for prefixes as there should be little need for pr1 not to refer to the
same thing as PR1. It is annoying to me that milestones are case-sensitive.

Cheers,
     Gary