incubator-bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.5 (incubating)
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:22:12 GMT
On 12/03/13 15:22, Ryan Ollos wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>wrote:
>
>> With no votes cast yet and suggested changes to go into the release, I
>> take it that we are going to call this release defunct and start again.
>> Whether we call that 0.6 or 0.5.1, I am not particularly worried. I would
>> like the new tag to reflect Greg's suggestion of the trac/contrib directory
>> being removed from trunk though.
>>
>> Meanwhile, I am not convinced with the argument that graduation should be
>> considered a blocker for release unless it somehow becomes the difference
>> of a couple of days. It seems it is currently a minimum of about 8 days
>> before graduation assuming that all goes well.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>      Gary
>>
>>
>> On 12/03/13 08:30, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/12/13, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 3/12/13 3:00 AM, Ryan Ollos wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>   [...]
>>>> However ... big question ... are we going to release anything in
>>>>>> bep_0003_multiproduct as part of Release 5 ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   I'm not sure. I had assumed all of the MP, Search and responsive
>>>>> layout
>>>>> work was still in progress, which is why I left it out of the release
>>>>> notes.
>>>>>
>>>>>   MP is still work in progress, I wouldn't be pushing it for Release
5.
>>>> I'd suggest we schedule the merge for after this release and release it
>>>> as part of Release 6.
>>>>
>>>>   +1
>>> so I guess the initial schedule I've doing would be correct ... most
>>> of the time
>>
> Please let me know if you see any problems with the following plan:
>   1. Leave the 0.5 tag
>   2. Update the release notes, bump the version numbers to 0.5.1 and remove
> the `contrib` directory on the 0.5 branch
>   3. Delete the 0.5 release artifacts in the bloodhound-dist (1)
>   4. Create a new release named 0.5.1
>
> I'll wait about 24 hours for feedback before taking any action to start the
> next release.
>
> (1) https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/bloodhound
>

I would make any changes that are to go to the 0.5 branch on trunk 
first, including the removal of the contrib directory and bumping of 
version numbers.

Otherwise, I am happy with calling the release 0.5.1. I don't think that 
there is a reason to worry about the specific numbering (and 
particularly not about maintaining any coincidental link to the 
milestone names) but, then again, I am not in a hurry to reach 0.10+ if 
we happen to back out of this or any future release attempts multiple times.

Cheers,
     Gary

Mime
View raw message