From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Charter preparation
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:52:13 GMT
On 07/03/13 01:41, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>> We can take all current BH committers and put them onto the PMC
>>> roster. Individuals can remove themselves.
>> In which case shall we skip the invitation to mentors, put them all on the
>> PMC and let them remove themselves if they wish? Just to speed things along!
> Yeah. None of the mentors (active or not) are going to mess up the
> PMC, so it can't hurt. And if they don't get their name off the list
> before the Board votes on it, then they can also be removed later. Not
> hard.
>
> The Board does like to see at least one ASF Member on every PMC(*),
> and by my count you'll have four (myself, Brane, Hyrum, and Gavin).
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> (*) even this isn't an absolute requirement, but close to it; a PMC
> with no ASF Members generally doesn't have a way to nominate PMC
> Members for ASF Membership; that is very bad for the long term, as we
> want to see projects better overseen by ASF Members; the Board usually
> finds a Director that is willing to volunteer to be added to the
> roster, fulfilling its desire for "at least one".

Excellent.

So, given what has been discussed so far, at the end of this message is
a draft of the resolution based on a template with the following
substitutions:

${PROJECT} = "Bloodhound"
${DESCRIPTION-AND-SCOPE} = "a software development collaboration tool,
including issue tracking, wiki and repository browsing"

I have also added all mentors and current Bloodhound committers to the
list of initial PMC members (alphabetical by surname) and put my name as
the chair. Obviously all these details remain subject to change (I don't
mean this to cement my position as chair - please do volunteer if you
want this role and please do not consider it as ruffling feathers or
being too much trouble to make the change to the resolution.)

I lifted the description and scope directly from the description on the
incubation status page
(http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bloodhound.html). Is there any
need to adjust this? (Note that the phrase appears twice in the text if
any change is necessary.)

Cheers,
Gary

X. Establish the Apache Bloodhound Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to a software development collaboration
tool, including issue tracking, wiki and repository browsing.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Bloodhound Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Bloodhound Project be and hereby is
related to a software development collaboration tool, including
issue tracking, wiki and repository browsing; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Bloodhound" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Bloodhound Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Bloodhound Project; and be it further

Apache Bloodhound Project:

* Mat Booth <mbooth@apache.org>
* Matevž Bradač <matevz@apache.org>
* John Chambers <chambej@apache.org>
* Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org>
* Joachim Dreimann <jdreimann@apache.org>
* Andrej Golcov <andrej@apache.org>
* Peter Koželj <peter@apache.org>
* Gary Martin <gjm@apache.org>
* Gavin McDonald <gmcdonald@apache.org>
* Ryan Ollos <rjollos@apache.org>
* Mark Poole <mpoole@apache.org>
* Greg Stein <gstein@apache.org>
* Hyrum K. Wright <hwright@apache.org>
* Jure Žitnik <jure@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Gary Martin
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Bloodhound, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Bloodhound PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Bloodhound Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Bloodhound Project be and hereby
Incubator Bloodhound podling; and be it further

Incubator Bloodhound podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.