From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Mar 2013 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:23:10 GMT
On 04/03/13 16:06, Gary Martin wrote:

> On 4 March 2013 15:58, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com
> <mailto:brane@wandisco.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 04.03.2013 16:36, Gary Martin wrote:
>     > OK, I think we get the hint.
>     >
>     > If nobody has volunteered to write up the report before I do, I
>     should
>     > be able to get onto it tomorrow.
>     >
>     > The main things that spring to mind at the moment is that over the
>     > last 3 months we have completed the namesearch which, aside from our
>     > decision over whether we have achieved enough diversity, pretty much
>     > clears the way for graduation.
>     >
>     > We can also add the creation of demo servers with lots of help from
>     > Gavin to completed infrastructure requests but we are still
>     waiting on
>     > a means to effectively connect our issues.apache.org/bloodhound
>     <http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound> to our
>     > area of subversion over NFS, or any other solution. This was
>     raised in
>     > the December2012 report and I am not aware of any significant
>     progress.
>     >
>     > Any more upbeat news to report will be good too.
>
>     We've seen some outside interest in the project, at least on IRC; not
>     much, but it's a start.
>
>     I think we may as well announce that there will be a community vote on
>     graduation readiness soon -- i.e., I think we can start it right now.
>

> Yes, it would be good to get a decision from the community so that
> sounds like a good plan to me.
>
> Cheers,
>     Gary

Hi,

I've just thrown this together. I'll add this to the incubator report
soon to use as a starting point unless anyone thinks that I have not
been upbeat enough again!

    1. Community growth/diversification
    2.
    3.

    Since the last report, three months ago, Bloodhound has completed
    its PODLINGNAMESEARCH which aside from issues of
    diversity was the final item to consider prior to graduation. The
    Bloodhound community has been discussing the
    issueof graduation following positive comments following the
    Decemeber2012 report and the community vote has now
    begun.

    The project now has demos running of Apache Bloodhound, one of which
    shows the current state of the trunk branch
    andproviding a demonstration of the new search functionality that
    has been developed. Unfortunately, we do not yet
    haveability to make use of the repository browser, which was
    something that was brought up in the previous report.

    We added two new committers to the project in January. We have also
    seen more interest in the project from a number
    of channels including irc and the dev mailing list which weare, as
    ever, hoping to convert into growth of the
    developer community and continue to improve upon diversity.

The questions that we are meant to answer (currently listed in our entry
on the wiki page) are:

    Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to
    be aware of?

Cheers,
     Gary