From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #390: Product wiki syntax
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:48:37 GMT
On 21/02/13 10:14, Andrej Golcov wrote:
> Regarding prefixing tickets with "#".
> We still have to support #123 notation for wiki links inside the
> product. IMHO, introducing non-relative wiki links for tickets without
> # (e.g. bh/123)   can be user confusing. My +1 to leave # for full
> path tickt links, e.g. #produc<delimeter>productid
>
> Regards, Andrej

In case it isn't spotted from another related thread, I believe that
when using # in the link, it should always appear after any product
specification. The forms for the links will therefore be

  * <reslink>
  * product:<prefix>:<reslink>

where <reslink> is any currently valid resource link (#<id>,
for tickets and wiki pages we will allow:

as long as the wiki page matches the current rules for automatically
being interpreted as wikipage links. On this basis we will be able to
match the the form of jira tickets if we choose <sep> = '-' and maybe we
should just do so. Some of the things to consider for that are:

  * false matches on 'var-N' which would either have to be escaped by
    one of the standard means or just written as 'var - N'
  * potential ambiguity if '-' is allowed in the prefix itself, which
    might suggest we should avoid the issue by disallowing products
    being set up with '-' in the prefix; existing products with this
    will work with 'product:<prefix>:<reslink>' syntax of course.

Does anyone spot any additional problems or have any objections to this?

Cheers
     Gary