From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #420: Improved styling for `inline code`
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 16:54:29 GMT
On 01/03/13 16:08, Ryan Ollos wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> []...
>>> the
>>>>
>>> yes, please . if doing so that is especially important now that we
>>> finally stabilized MP test suite .
>>>
>>> However , I guess we better change tt css rules because , even if we
>>> replace instances of tag.tt in Trac core , it will be a huge challenge
>>> to get the same thing done for plugins , Genshi streams , Markup , etc
>>>
>>> what d'u think ?
>>>
>> That is a really good point. So we need to have the Bootstrap CSS that
>> applies to code tags apply to the tt tags as well to cover the case of
>> plugins? Is there a cleaner way to accomplish that in CSS than my cut and
>> paste of the CSS for the code tags into Bloodhound.css? I was wondering if
>> there was a, perhaps one-line, way in CSS to say "apply all of the styles
>> for code tags to tt tags".
>>
> Discussing we Gary has led me to think the best solution might be to just
> add a bit of code in theme.filter_stream that replaces `tt` tags with
> `code` tags. Does that sound good?

There are a lot of potential ways of doing this. I am not keen on
copying the CSS across if we want to be sticking to whatever bootstrap
provides. That leaves swapping tags, which itself can probably be done
in three or more ways, or copying the styles on the client side with js.

I assume that we are expecting to always show the bootstrap styling for
all cases as long as the theme is active.

Cheers,
     Gary