From "Matevž Bradač" <mat...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Bug in ticket workflow?
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:22:42 GMT

On 25. Mar, 2013, at 20:09, Joe Dreimann wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2013, at 18:50, "Matevž Bradač" <matevz@digiverse.si> wrote:

I'd

>>> I agree that using null is the right approach.
>>
>> On another note, Trac seems to allow assigning tickets to non-existant users,
>> without any warning. Should we at least warn the users of a potential mistake,
>> or perhaps even prevent it (though this might be a bit extreme)?
>
> I think we should prevent it, but first two other features need to be implemented to
make it palpable.

> 1. Allow users to assign ownership to a group
> 2. Make it easy to invite new users
>
> Point 2 could be achieved by allowing users to put email addresses in the Owner field.
When submitted an email would be sent to that address explaining how to create an account
and what to do next.

> - Joe

Point 2 IMO somewhat defeats the purpose of prevention - the ticket gets assigned to an
email address, which is a non-existant user as far as Trac/BH is concerned.

Also, until the above is implemented, I think we should at least display a warning when
an "incorrect" username is entered.

--
matevz