From Matevž Bradač <mate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug in ticket workflow?
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:57:26 GMT

On 25. Mar, 2013, at 22:28, Olemis Lang wrote:

> On 3/25/13, Matevž Bradač <matevz@digiverse.si> wrote:
>>
> [...]
>> On another note, Trac seems to allow assigning tickets to non-existant
>> users,
>> without any warning. Should we at least warn the users of a potential
>> mistake,
>> or perhaps even prevent it (though this might be a bit extreme)?
>>

> Beyond component owner , there is also default owner and restrict
> owner config options . The later will display a drop down box . If
> that is enough then this may be solved in TracIni configuration .

I'll check restrict_owner, although it seems that it then displays the
list of all users that ever logged into Trac (from the session table).

Default owner is okay, but what I was referring to is reassigning a
ticket to another user - that operation is somewhat error prone if you
mistype the user name. In such cases the tickets may hang around
unnoticed...

--
matevz