From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [BEP-0006] Ticket relations
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:43:22 GMT
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Matevž Bradač <matevzb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created an initial draft for BEP-0006: Ticket Relations[1] to continue
> this discussion.
> It doesn't currently contain any implementation details, as the feature
> requirements haven't
> been finalized yet.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0006
>
> --
> matevz

It looks great, thanks for moving this forward. We may want to consider
implementing graph visualization in the user interface. MasterTickets and
ChildTicketsPlugin currently have this, though we could probably provide a
more impressive and dynamic presentation than they provide.

Constraints that are implemented by the current plugins are "parent can't
be closed if one or more child tickets is open", "blocker can't be closed
if a dependency is open". These could be even be implemented as options for
the user defining the relations.

- Ryan