From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Add Priority: Normal for issue tracker
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:36:07 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>wrote:

> [...]
> I am not yet convinced that this change is worth it. I agree that there is
> a problem with the number of major tickets but major does not sound
> particularly ominous to me and it currently represents the middle priority.
> Is there an equally strong aversion to calling a ticket minor?

I don't think we need more choices: minor, normal and major would be enough
for my purposes. I read "major" as having elevated importance though, so I
think it just comes down to terminology. I just don't think the default
should imply that a decision has been made about the importance of the
ticket relative to other tickets, and having a default of "major" or
"minor" implies that (to me).

Another approach could be:
 * Rename "major" to "normal"
 * Rename "critical" to "major"

So then we'd have trivial, minor, normal, major and blocker. I'd prefer
this approach to adding another priority.