incubator-bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Request for vendor branch upgrade WAS: [Trac-dev] 1.0.1/1.1.1: more work than expected... but getting there
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 23:10:08 GMT
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> As you can see in the message below . Trac=1.0.1 (stable) & Trac=1.1.1
> (experimental) will be released soon . So maybe it's about time to
> finally decide what shall we do regarding BH 0.5.0 release (or
> whatever version number comes next ;) . Options :
>
>   1. Stay at the very same point it is at present .
>   2. Update vendor branch so as to build BH on top of 1.0.1
>       (stable) and distribute that version .
>   3. Update vendor branch so as to build BH on top of 1.1.1
>       (experimental) and distribute that version instead .
>
> IMO if we decide to go forward with (2) or (3) , better to incorporate
> that version sooner than later , as that would also give us more time
> to test Bloodhound plugins against latest Trac versions .
>
> What do you think ?
>

I favor upgrading to 1.0.1 for the following reasons:

 1. The upgrade should be fairly easy as far as I know (we'll need to
confirm with Gary), and by upgrading with every release we can
incrementally incorporate necessary changes to the templates.
 2. If we don't move to 1.0.1 we'll continue to have many defects in the
Trac back-end of Bloodhound that have already been fixed in Trac, leaving
us another step behind Trac.
 3. There is nothing in 1.1.1 that we really need yet as far as I can see:
http://trac.edgewall.org/query?group=status&milestone=1.1.1

I think we need to re-access the 1.0.x vs 1.1.x issue at every release, but
I see no reason to not upgrade to one or the other.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message