From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.4 incubating Released
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 17:48:33 GMT
Releasing is essentially a sequential process so apart form promoting the
release at the end I think only one release manager should be involved per
release.

Being a release manager isn't all that bad, just a bit of a longwinded
process where many steps have to be taken quite carefully (don't mix up the
to: / cc: order for general@ and bloodhound-dev@ in vote messages for
example). Automation would be great, but is probably far down our list of
priorities.

- Joe

On 1 February 2013 13:12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

> [...]
> think one release manager per release should be fine with the backup of the
> experience of the previous release managers. The process is now fairly well
> documented and has been improved significantly with the help of Ryan taking
> on the duties.
>
> I think at this point, the only thing that really makes a release
> difficult and stressful is the waiting around for the votes. I certainly
> continue to share in that stress! It should also be remembered that this is
> volunteering for the role and so the release proceeds at the convenience of
> the release manager as far as possible. Nobody should be losing sleep over
> this stuff!
>
> Cheers,
> Gary
>

> On 01/02/13 08:38, Peter Koželj wrote:
>
>>  From past experience I know how stressful release management can be.
>> It has become painfully obvious how time and energy consuming our
>> Bloodhound releases are.
>> All I can say is: respect to Ryan and Gary for this round and also Joe for
>> the previous one!
>>
>> Can we do something to share the burdon on this releases?
>>
>> Also, if there is no one that is eager to try this, I can volunteer for
>> the
>> next one when the time comes :)
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> On 28 January 2013 08:38, Ryan Ollos <rjollos@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>  The Apache Bloodhound (Incubating) team is pleased to announce the
>>> availability
>>> of the 0.4-incubating release.
>>>
>>> Apache Bloodhound is a tool to track progress and defects in software
>>> products.
>>>
>>> Standing on the shoulders of the mature Trac project, Bloodhound provides
>>> issue
>>> tracking, repository browsing and wiki functionality.
>>>
>>> On top of this Bloodhound aims to provide intuitive support for managing
>>> multiple software projects, a user-friendly interface and simple
>>> installation,
>>> incorporating the some of Trac's best plugins.
>>>
>>> This release includes the following highlights:
>>>   * Replaces ticket edit form with a new 'in-place' edit and workflow
>>> control
>>>   * Added white-labeling for error messages and basic branding
>>>   * Improvements to the quick ticket creation form including ability to
>>> specify the select fields and their order
>>>   * Various bug fixes
>>>
>>> The release can be downloaded from:
>>>

>>> http://www.apache.org/dyn/**closer.cgi/incubator/**
>>> bloodhound/apache-bloodhound-**incubating-0.4.tar.gz<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/bloodhound/apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.4.tar.gz>
>>>
>>> For further information, please visit the project website at
>>>      http://incubator.apache.org/**bloodhound/<http://incubator.apache.org/bloodhound/>
>>>
>>> The Apache Bloodhound Team
>>>
>>> Disclaimer:
>>> Apache Bloodhound is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache
>>> Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is

--
Joe Dreimann
*