From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Query Builder (Search / Custom Query)
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:33:29 GMT
Hi all,

I've had some more time now to look at how we can go from the current
which we've called the Query Builder so far I believe.

This is mainly achieved by making facets check boxes:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0004/search.png

Roughly inspired by Amazons design:
http://goo.gl/s1DbM

When a user makes some selections in the facets area an then moves the
mouse out of the area for a given time, a countdown is shown until those
sections in which a selection happened collapse into a more condensed view
of the selection:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0004/search%20countdown%20after%20selection.png

Altogether these changes allow users to execute simple boolean queries, of
the type shown below:
{text string from search box} AND type a AND status { a OR b OR c} AND
component { all } AND milestone { !milestone6}

When in the table view users will be able to make batch changes too, this
isn't shown in the mock ups yet.

What do you guys think, is this going in the right direction?

Cheers,
Joe

--
Joe Dreimann