From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: User comments on ticket modification UI
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:45:58 GMT
Apologies for the long delay and brevity, but I suggest that we:

*1. Remove the local navigation / scrollspy bar.* Multiple people have
mentioned that it is there to solve a problem that shouldn't exist in the
first place (and often doesn't). Personally I never use it.

*2. Use only the #breadcrumbbar as the sticky header.* This still gives
users a good indication as to what they're looking at, without taking up as
much space and giving them some quick options. We may want to make its
parent sticky too on large screens to keep meta navigation and search in
view.

*3. Add the ability to leave a comment to the top of the activity feed. *That
will make it easier/quicker to leave comments when editing the ticket and
replying to recent comments by others (which are already shown at the top
of the activity feed).

*4. Separate the workflow and save actions.* The confusion caused by having
both the word Update and the next workflow status in the same button has
been raised by many. The workflow status should be changed via a popover
element from the Status property.

*5. Enable editing of the ticket summary as a contentEditable field, rather
than a text input box. *Currently the heading style changes beyond all
recognition when it goes from <h2> to <input>, which can be disorientating.

Cheers,
Joe

--
Joe Dreimann