From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #404: Populate default schema on product addition
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:38:14 GMT
Hi,

My suggestion is to start with supporting product column-based
translation for known tables (for known and tested environment) and
provide table-name-based translation for unknown tables (for unknown
environment).

When multiproduct feature is released, we can continue with future
tuning of product column translation,  provide more testing and
smoothly migrate tested plugins from table-name-based to more optimal
solution. The migration can be performed more or less transparently
for plugins.

Yes, for the first phase, BH will not support 100+ products, but at
least users can start to play with it. Otherwise, IMHO, we can spend
months tuning the column-based solution and not having multi-product
feature for a half of year.

Cheers, Andrej