From Andrej Golcov <>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Database upgrade to multi-product (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #406: Database upgrade to multiproduct)
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:27:07 GMT
>>> My understanding was, based on the mailing list discussions, that we
>>> don't want tickets in global scope. That is why current implementation
>>> creates the 'default' product and migrates the tickets. I think that
>>> the 'Just Work' part is more of the UI/UX issue. I think that each
>>> ticket should be linked to a product, it's up to the UI to make it
>>> easy for the user to use environments with only one product (default
>>> one). I find tickets in global scope confusing as it's not exactly
>>> clear what they relate to.
>>> I would advocate global wikis for example, as it makes more sense.
>> It's not global scope, it's default product scope which happens to have
>> no name and no prefix and no value in the related database column.
Let's look at this issue from UI point of view. AFAIR, we want to have
consistent URLs and wiki links with product prefix for all products
including default product
e.g.http://host/env/default_product_name_here/ticket/1 and not
http://host/env/ticket/1 when product prefix is None
That means that default product must have some kind of prefix assigned
even if it has product prefix set to NULL in DB.

I think that the easiest way to solve this is setting default product
prefix to some value during migration and not allowing Nulls for
Taking in mind that product prefix cannot be changed, I suggest to
make default product prefix configurable during migration procedure,
for example in ini file.

Regards, Andrej

View raw message