From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Database upgrade to multi-product (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #406: Database upgrade to multiproduct)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:54:04 GMT
> For me, the only issue is how tickets within a product will refer to tickets
> in the global scope. There are actually a fair number of potential solutions
> including:
>
> 1. Reserve a keyword to represent the global env (e.g. def, default,
>    global, null or whatever)
+1 to have global/default/whatever keyword as it looks less ambiguous.
In this case it worth to have also url access with the same keyword e.g.
http://host/env/products/global/ticket/1 for global env
http://host/env/products/prod1/ticket/2 for prod1 env

In this case, there is one thing to discuss on this subject: what
exactly global env resources have in db after migration: NULL or
global/default/whatever string.
Personally, +1 to have string instead of NULL

Cheers, Andrej