From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #404: Populate default schema on product addition
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:41:16 GMT
> I'll follow this sequence with the purpose in mind of finding a way to
> work around the current design limitation of having O(p) plugin tables
> .
Actually, there will be O(p)+1 tables. One for the default product.
I share your concern regarding limitation of such design but plugin
SQL operatios are black box for us. Adding a column into plugin table
is not always a solution. There are cases when things break. For
example, integrity can fail (e.g. unique indexes) or if plugin sends
insert like:
{{{ INSERT INTO MyTabel SELECT * FROM AnotherTable }}} - additional
column breaks such operation and I believe there much more case we are
not aware.

>From my perspective, we have three groups of translated tables:
1. don't touch
2. translate with column - for known tables, like we did for ticket,
milestone, wiki etc. tables
3. translate with table name prefixing - for unknown tables. The
safest but the most resource consuming solution.

Theses group should be configurable. Based on plugin specifics, plugin
tables can be moved from group 3 to group 2 or even group 1.

Andrej