From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #404: Populate default schema on product addition
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 15:47:58 GMT
On 2/20/13, Apache Bloodhound <bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
> #404: Populate default schema on product addition
> ---------------------------+-----------------------------------
>   Reporter:  jure          |      Owner:  jure
>       Type:  defect        |     Status:  assigned
>  Component:  multiproduct  |    Version:
> Resolution:                |   Keywords:  bep-0003 multiproduct
> ---------------------------+-----------------------------------
>
> Comment (by matevzb):
>
>  A couple of things to consider with regards to permissions:
>  1. Which "default values" should be taken into consideration?
>    * the trac.db_default.get_data() ones - those populate the empty
>  database or

IMO it's a whole new product , so it should have a whole new set of
permissions created ... at least until we have a more advanced feature
, namely permissions schemes (templates) . Those should be managed by
Trac admins , and product (owners | admins) should just select
available permission schemes from a list ...

... but that should be deferred until Release 3 , so better create a
new ticket with a reference to #404

>    * the permissions from the global scope in db (where product='')

-1

>  2. When deleting a product, the permissions (and possibly other data)
>  related that specific product should be deleted from db as well.

IMO they should be moved somewhere else rather than deleted i.e. just
like moving tickets when closing milestones .

--
Regards,

Olemis.