From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] File descriptor overflow running the test suite WAS: [BEP-0003] #355 - Summary of the work done towards multi-product support (2013-02-16)
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:00:37 GMT
On 2/21/13, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 20.02.2013 11:43, Jure Zitnik wrote:

[...]
> Control of the location of temporary databases (hence, temporary tables)
> is independent of the type of the main database. You can issue this
> statement:
>
>     PRAGMA temp_store = MEMORY;
>
> when you open the sqlite connection, this will override whatever
> compile-time default your SQLite installation has and force the
> temporary database to be in-memory. See:
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_temp_store

I wouldn't be against using this ... as long as it won't cause major trouble .

> By the way, the reason for consuming two file handles for every open is
> that you need one handle for the actual database, and one for the
> current transaction log file.

I see .

JFTR , when I mentioned « 2 - 4 fd / TC » it was due to the fact that
some TCs instantiate EnvironmentStub twice (the first one is discarded
...) so it seems each one will get a separate connection and thereby a
couple of open fd(s) . This gives a idea of why I suggested to remove
MP upgrade in __init__ method .

--
Regards,

Olemis.