From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Database upgrade to multi-product (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #406: Database upgrade to multiproduct)
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:05:43 GMT
On 2/21/13, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On 2/20/13 5:21 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> On 2/20/13, Andrej Golcov <andrej@digiverse.si> wrote:
[...]
>>> My suggestion is to keep things simple here: if there is already
>>> product named "Default', let's assign global tickets to this product.
>>> There should be reason why this product was called "Default" :)
>>>
>> -1 ... IMO we the prefix for the global environment should be an empty
>> string (i.e. '') or NULL (/me slightly in favor of the former) . That
>> will allow us to reserve special behavior for that prefix value (if
>> needed) and will not clash with any other valid product prefix since
>> it's a required field in create product web form (... admin command ,
>> ...)
>>

> Just to clarify, the prefix of the 'global environment' is an empty
> string (''). This will, at the moment, only be used for permissions.

Yes , understood .
;)

> The 'default' prefix (or 'def') is used for a product to which all the
> tickets that don't have product assigned are migrated to (during the
> database upgrade process). The product itself is automatically added
> during the upgrade/migration process.

That's kind of what I was meaning in my reply .

  1. Consider ticket without product before migration to be
      tickets filed against the global environment .
  2. Use gobal env just like any other product env with
      prefix = '' , not just permissions
  3. No need to create 'default' product while on upgrade

PS: In the migration process we should also replicate (i.e. in DB) or
inherit product configs from a single file . I advocate for the later
.

--
Regards,

Olemis.