From Olemis Lang <>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #404: Populate default schema on product addition
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:59:58 GMT
On 2/27/13, Andrej Golcov <> wrote:
> Hi,

> My suggestion is to start with supporting product column-based
> translation for known tables (for known and tested environment) and
> provide table-name-based translation for unknown tables (for unknown
> environment).

fwiw I'm just rethinking what we already have to achieve a more
consistent solution . I'm not hoping to get all this implemented for
Release 5 , though we really have to take care of improving O(p) table
number issue .

> When multiproduct feature is released, we can continue with future
> tuning of product column translation,  provide more testing and
> smoothly migrate tested plugins from table-name-based to more optimal
> solution. The migration can be performed more or less transparently
> for plugins.

ok .

> Yes, for the first phase, BH will not support 100+ products, but at
> least users can start to play with it. Otherwise, IMHO, we can spend
> months tuning the column-based solution and not having multi-product
> feature for a half of year.

fwiw +1 .
Nonetheless even if we stick to name prefix in Release 5 , IMO it's
really important to continue the discussion as we might come up with
something for Release 6 .

View raw message