From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's in and out to work towards Release 5 milestone WAS: [DISCUSS] Bloodhound Graduation
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 22:12:27 GMT
On 2/5/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/4/13, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:

[...]
> I expect that many users would be
> willing to adopt Bloodhound just on the basis of the new interface,
> dashboard, etc ...

TBH , we've needed a bit more than that . But it's been the starting
point to attract further attention and feedback ...

> and the possibility of new features on the horizon just
> makes it more appealing.

... and so far we've been able to satisfy user needs , beyond default
BH installation . So far only in a single deployment has been
abandoned and was due to the fact the Trac Git plugin was causing some
trouble and could not work with remote repos .

[...]
>> > 1. We do not offer much new to current Trac users with additional
>> drawbacks
>> > of being a bit behind the latest Trac version,
>> >     risk of plugin compatibility problems and even some new usability
>> > quirks for a good measure
>> > 2. To anyone not satisfied with what Trac has to offer, we can not give
>> > more than promises right now
>> >

>> Add to the list the fact that clients making use of version control
>> and repositories will reject right away our current offer . That's why
>> the instances we have deployed always include the patches for #162 and
>> related vcs tickets .
>>
>> Should we schedule them for release 5 ?
>

> Yes, I think so. I suggested to Gary that yesterday that I'd work to apply
> your patches in #162 this week.

Thanks ! That will allow us to not maintain the patches as trunk evolves ...

> It's great to hear that you are deploying instances!

Not as many as I'd like to ... but hoping more will come with time .
;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.