From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Database upgrade to multi-product (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #406: Database upgrade to multiproduct)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:21:32 GMT
On 2/20/13, Andrej Golcov <andrej@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> 1. adds 'default' product
>> This is the product to which all tickets that don't have product set are
>> migrated. As there won't be any global tickets, each ticket needs to be in
>> product, so this is where all tickets w/o product set will end up after
>> the
>> upgrade. The prefix, name and description are currently set to 'default',
>> 'Default' and 'Default product' respectively. Open question remains what
>> happens if there's a product with the same name already defined in the
>> database. Any suggestions?
>
> My suggestion is to keep things simple here: if there is already
> product named "Default', let's assign global tickets to this product.
> There should be reason why this product was called "Default" :)

-1 ... IMO we the prefix for the global environment should be an empty
string (i.e. '') or NULL (/me slightly in favor of the former) . That
will allow us to reserve special behavior for that prefix value (if
needed) and will not clash with any other valid product prefix since
it's a required field in create product web form (... admin command ,
...)

--
Regards,

Olemis.