From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject What's in and out to work towards Release 5 milestone WAS: [DISCUSS] Bloodhound Graduation
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:33:38 GMT
On 2/4/13, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> For community diversity we need to excite more users and contributors and
> you do not get one without the other.
> I seems a bit like a chicken and egg problem.
>
> To be honest, it is hard to "sell" Bloodhound to users with a straight
> face.

Well ... it's a fact that we have to improve a lot on what we have
nowadays , but it's also true that there are users out there
interested on what we offer nowadays .

> 1. We do not offer much new to current Trac users with additional drawbacks
> of being a bit behind the latest Trac version,
>     risk of plugin compatibility problems and even some new usability
> quirks for a good measure
> 2. To anyone not satisfied with what Trac has to offer, we can not give
> more than promises right now

Add to the list the fact that clients making use of version control
and repositories will reject right away our current offer . That's why
the instances we have deployed always include the patches for #162 and
related vcs tickets .

Should we schedule them for release 5 ?

--
Regards,