From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1449780 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/trac/trac/ticket: api.py model.py tests/model.py
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:11:01 GMT
On 2/25/13, Andrej Golcov <andrej@digiverse.si> wrote:
> As previously  discussed on the mailing list, a new generic interface
> IResourceChangeListener should be introduced.

Good !

> The commit introduces the interface and provides the first usage of
> the interface for Component resource.
> I would kindly ask community to review the change and provide feedback.

I will provide further feedback once I have a few minutes to take a
look and see the details . The broad scope of this work should cover
replacement for the following existing I*Listener interfaces :

{{{
#!sh

$ grep -r class trac | grep -v ".js" | grep Interface | grep Listener | more
trac/attachment.py:class IAttachmentChangeListener(Interface):
trac/ticket/api.py:class ITicketChangeListener(Interface):
trac/ticket/api.py:class IMilestoneChangeListener(Interface):
trac/versioncontrol/api.py:class IRepositoryChangeListener(Interface):
trac/wiki/api.py:class IWikiChangeListener(Interface):

}}}

So a superset of these will be needed . Notice that there are a few
exotic callbacks (e.g. attachment_reparented) and resource-specific
prefixes should be discarded .

Besides it would be the foundation to replace these ones as well .

{{{
#!sh

$ grep -r class trac | grep -v ".js" | grep Manipulator | more
trac/attachment.py:class IAttachmentManipulator(Interface):
trac/ticket/api.py:class ITicketManipulator(Interface):
trac/wiki/api.py:class IWikiPageManipulator(Interface):

}}}

Finally , it'd be nice to keep changes to be backwards compatible with
existing interfaces . I can suggest a few patches to work towards that
goal ... later .

> For the next step, I plan to add usage of IResourceChangeListener by
> other resources such as ticket, milestone, version and other
> AbstractEnum based resources.

Look forward to see this work .
;)

--