From Matevž Bradač <mate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need advice: stripping of wiki syntax from Bloodhound Search results
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:54:35 GMT
Since the formatters return a Markup, perhaps a quick workaround would be to use
something like Markup's stripentities() and striptags() to get the "raw" text back?

--
matevz

On 14. Feb, 2013, at 15:33, Gary Martin wrote:

> On 14/02/13 12:18, Andrej Golcov wrote:
>> HI,
>>
>> Branko suggested to strip wiki syntax from Bloodhound Search results
>> that is IMHO quite reasonable suggestion. That featue will give us
>> better search scoring and better highlighting.
>>
>> I have one question regarding implementation of this feature.
>> I far as I can see, existing formatters (e.g. trac.wiki.formatter.*
>> classes) provide wiki to html formatting but not wiki to stripped
>> text. Do I missed something?
>>
>> One of the possibility, that I see, is to convert wiki to html and
>> than convert html to text. That does not look like the most optimal
>> solution.
>>
>> Any alternatives, ideas?
>>
>> Regards, Andrej
>
> I should find out more about how the formatters work! My first thought would be to look
at creating a new formatter that strips out syntax but I am not sure how big a job that will
be.

> I don't mind seeing a sub-optimal solution, particularly if it is likely to be quick
enough and quick to create. I think that the double conversion would be giving us the correct
results - the rendered html must be considered what the user will want to be able to search,
right?