From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Add Priority: Normal for issue tracker
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:12:59 GMT
On 27/02/13 23:46, Ryan Ollos wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Matevž Bradač <matevzb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> I'm somewhat reluctant to do this without a review first. There are
>> tickets which should
>> remain Major, so probably we want those singled out first.
>>
> With so many tickets having a priority of "major", it's not conveying any
> useful information right now. It seems like we should just do a hard reset
> of "major" -> "normal", and then let each developer go through the tickets
> and set them to "major" as appropriate. That way we know any tickets that
> are "major" were explicitly set that way after the hard reset.
>
> As far as I know we'll need to wait for Gary's return to make this change.
> I'm assuming no one anyone else has the TICKET_ADMIN permission.

I believe that there are others with TICKET_ADMIN permissions.

I am not yet convinced that this change is worth it. I agree that there
is a problem with the number of major tickets but major does not sound
particularly ominous to me and it currently represents the middle
priority. Is there an equally strong aversion to calling a ticket minor?

My worry is that we just continue to leave the priority in its initial
state on each ticket unless we feel strongly about the level. I suspect
that the likely result of all of this is just moving the problem to a
lower priority (albeit with 20% more choice).

Anyway, I am very aware that I am a bit too late to express my opinion
here. Unless someone agrees with me quickly, I will insert the new
default priority in the morning.

Cheers,
     Gary