From Jure Zitnik <j...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:51:19 GMT
On 2/22/13 4:26 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 2/22/13, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> On 2/22/13 9:47 AM, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
>>> #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288
> [...]
>> Currently ticket, enum, component, milestone, version, permission and
>> wiki tables are translated.
>>
>> I agree that the 'attachment' table should also be added to the list.
> +1
>
>> The 'system' table will be added as that's required by non-product aware
>> component upgrade process.
> am I missing something or u listed system in excluded tables list below ?

The exclude list does (did) not include the changes, so it reflects
state before the changes mentioned.

>> I also noticed that 'ticket_change' and
>> 'ticket_custom' tables are currently exluded from the translator and
>> should be added too.
>>
> Based on our previous discussion they should not given the fact that
> ticket ID is still global . In this case what is missing are the DB
> tables implementing product-specific ticket seq numbers

I think that 'ticket_change' and 'ticket_custom' should also be included
in the translator, just to keep things consistent and to prevent non
multi-product aware components running in product scope from accessing
data in other product scopes.

>> attachment,
> should be translated
>
>> repository, revision,
>> node_change,
> these are for the VCS . IMO repositories should be global and have
> «soft links» to products , thus allowing for reusing them in different
> product contexts . We might prefer the notion of per-product forks
> instead . So this is open for debate (in a separate thread / ticket
> ... please ;)

+1

>> ticket_change, ticket_custom,
> if ticket ID will be global then these are global as well , and
> additional ticket seq DB tables will be added ... otherwise they
> should be translated .

I will add those to the translate list for now as explained above.

>> report,
> should be translated

+1

To summarize, 'attachment', 'ticket_change', 'ticket_custom' and
'report' tables will be added to the translator list.

What we'll do with the 'system' table depends on discussions in other
thread (database upgrade etc.).

Cheers,
Jure