From Jure Zitnik <j...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #404: Populate default schema on product addition
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:48:55 GMT
On 2/22/13 10:12 AM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 2/22/13, Apache Bloodhound <bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
>> #404: Populate default schema on product addition
>> ---------------------------+-----------------------------------
>>    Reporter:  jure          |      Owner:  jure
>>        Type:  defect        |     Status:  assigned
>>   Component:  multiproduct  |    Version:
>> Resolution:                |   Keywords:  bep-0003 multiproduct
>> ---------------------------+-----------------------------------
>>
>> Comment (by matevzb):
>>
>>   Initial implementation in r1448946, until we consolidate on extending the
>>   IEnvironmentSetupParticipant on Product creation.
>>
> *Up to this point* , that should never happen and MUST not be supported .

How I see things will evolve is the following - we won't be changing
IEnvironmentSetupParticipant interface. I should be kept untouched to
keep the backward compatibility with existing plugins. As discussed in
one of the previous threads, the interface will still be used as before
but on per product basis. As trac.env.EnvironmentSetup (the class that
sets up default resources) implements that interface, after implementing
the #404 and #406, the default system tables (for newly added product)
will be automatically populated by EnvironmentSetup so there will be no
more need for the code introduced with this commit.

Cheers,
Jure