From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] File descriptor overflow running the test suite WAS: [BEP-0003] #355 - Summary of the work done towards multi-product support (2013-02-16)
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:17:59 GMT
On 22.02.2013 10:06, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 2/22/13, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> That depends. This setting is per-connection, so theoretically you could
>>> use it only during testing or database upgrade, and not during other
>>> operations.
>>>
>> That was exactly what I was trying to say ... «I wouldn't be against
>> + setting PRAGMA in TC's __init__ or setUp (depending on whether we'll
>> use env stubs with SQLite only or also for other backends , we should
>> check that too ;) ...
>> ;)
>>
> I forgot ... the only drawbacks I notice up to this point is the
> interaction with SQLITE_TEMP_STORE . If that is resolved at
> compilation time , after analyzing interactions table it seems to me
> that such approach might cause some headaches in practice .

SQLITE_TEMP_STORE is the compile-time default. The pragma directive
overrides it in the sense that whatever value the compile-time symbol
has, you can always get in-memory temp store via the pragma. That's
quite clear from the interactions table, although it took me more than a
minute to see it when I first read it. :)

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej