From Jure Zitnik <j...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Database upgrade to multi-product (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #406: Database upgrade to multiproduct)
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:46:49 GMT
On 2/20/13 5:21 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 2/20/13, Andrej Golcov <andrej@digiverse.si> wrote:
>>> 1. adds 'default' product
>>> This is the product to which all tickets that don't have product set are
>>> migrated. As there won't be any global tickets, each ticket needs to be in
>>> product, so this is where all tickets w/o product set will end up after
>>> the
>>> upgrade. The prefix, name and description are currently set to 'default',
>>> 'Default' and 'Default product' respectively. Open question remains what
>>> happens if there's a product with the same name already defined in the
>>> database. Any suggestions?
>> My suggestion is to keep things simple here: if there is already
>> product named "Default', let's assign global tickets to this product.
>> There should be reason why this product was called "Default" :)
>>
> -1 ... IMO we the prefix for the global environment should be an empty
> string (i.e. '') or NULL (/me slightly in favor of the former) . That
> will allow us to reserve special behavior for that prefix value (if
> needed) and will not clash with any other valid product prefix since
> it's a required field in create product web form (... admin command ,
> ...)

Just to clarify, the prefix of the 'global environment' is an empty
string (''). This will, at the moment, only be used for permissions.

The 'default' prefix (or 'def') is used for a product to which all the
tickets that don't have product assigned are migrated to (during the
database upgrade process). The product itself is automatically added
during the upgrade/migration process.

Cheers,
Jure