From Gary Martin <>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Database upgrade to multi-product (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #406: Database upgrade to multiproduct)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:53:32 GMT
On 20/02/13 12:42, Andrej Golcov wrote:
>> 1. adds 'default' product
>> This is the product to which all tickets that don't have product set are
>> migrated. As there won't be any global tickets, each ticket needs to be in a
>> product, so this is where all tickets w/o product set will end up after the
>> upgrade. The prefix, name and description are currently set to 'default',
>> 'Default' and 'Default product' respectively. Open question remains what
>> happens if there's a product with the same name already defined in the
>> database. Any suggestions?
> My suggestion is to keep things simple here: if there is already
> product named "Default', let's assign global tickets to this product.
> There should be reason why this product was called "Default" :)
> Regards, Andrej

It is tempting to do this but it may not be strictly correct. Perhaps if
we also add a keyword so that it is possible to select all such tickets
and batch modify them into a different product again. Something like:

I might encourage a shorter prefix for the default product (I am
thinking def) though this is not so important.

It may be wise for us to reserve the default namespace to reduce the
chance of such clashes.

View raw message