From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Need advice: stripping of wiki syntax from Bloodhound Search results
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:33:59 GMT
On 14/02/13 12:18, Andrej Golcov wrote:
> HI,
>
> Branko suggested to strip wiki syntax from Bloodhound Search results
> that is IMHO quite reasonable suggestion. That featue will give us
> better search scoring and better highlighting.
>
> I have one question regarding implementation of this feature.
> I far as I can see, existing formatters (e.g. trac.wiki.formatter.*
> classes) provide wiki to html formatting but not wiki to stripped
> text. Do I missed something?
>
> One of the possibility, that I see, is to convert wiki to html and
> than convert html to text. That does not look like the most optimal
> solution.
>
> Any alternatives, ideas?
>
> Regards, Andrej

I should find out more about how the formatters work! My first thought
would be to look at creating a new formatter that strips out syntax but
I am not sure how big a job that will be.

I don't mind seeing a sub-optimal solution, particularly if it is likely
to be quick enough and quick to create. I think that the double
conversion would be giving us the correct results - the rendered html
must be considered what the user will want to be able to search, right?

Cheers,
     Gary