From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Handling product env's base_url
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 17:19:37 GMT
On 06/02/13 16:35, Andrej Golcov wrote:
>> 1. use the product environment's base_href if available, otherwise...
>> 2. use a [multiproduct] base_href template if available, otherwise...
>> 3. fall back to normal behaviour with the product at
>>     [...]/product(s)/<namespace>
> Looks like good enough solution for the time of being.
>
> As far as I remember, we plan to support product specific ids for
> tickets. Something like "#XX-1" where "XX" is product ID.
> How the ticket url should look like in this case:
> [...]/product(s)/ticket/XX/1
> or may be
> [...]/ticket/XX-1 - in this case we need additional mapping but the
> ticket id is preserved.
> ?
>
> There is another, may be not the best alternative: using slash in
> product specific ticket id e.g. "#XX/1" that maps directly to
> [...]/product(s)/ticket/XX/1
>
> Regards, Andrej

All interesting options. I have been assuming that we are working more
like [...]/product(s)/XX/ticket/1

Meanwhile, consistency with intertrac links would suggest that XX:#1
would be a valid reference. I don't mind also supporting XX-1 or other
forms but I wonder if we should just add the alternatives later.

Cheers,
     Gary