From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Bloodhound Graduation
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:42:31 GMT
On 04.02.2013 17:54, Gary Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The issue of graduation has come up a few times in recent months and
> so it looks like it is about time to discuss this in more detail and
> determine what is left to do to achieve this.
>
> It seems that, unless I have missed something, the only issues left to
> resolve are:
>
> 1. Community diversity
> 2. Checking Bloodhound is a suitable name (see
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bloodhound.html#Incubation+work+items
>    for the work item)
>
> This appears to be partly backed up by the following thread from our
> after our last report:
>
>    http://markmail.org/thread/wvnk4w6z7e25rx2h
>
> note in particular Brane's reply to Jukka's message to see the frank
> evaluation of the circumstances at the time. Since then Mark Poole has
> left WANdisco and remains on the PPMC.

I am assuming that Mark will stay on. He's on an extended vacation right
now, IIRC, so we won't hear from him for a while. However, I understand
he's subscribed to the mailing lists with his new e-mail address.

Also, we've recently seen a slight in crease in interest for Bloodhound
from outside this team, and we're actively working on promoting the project.

Given all the above, and taking into account the fact that everything
else regarding this project is proceeding smoothly, I've decided that
circumstances have changed enough to warrant graduation. It's not as
cut-and-dried as I'd like it, but on the other hand, I trust BH will
expand its user base soon.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej