From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: AccountManagerPlugin
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:32:32 GMT
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >  9. Integrate the PermRedirectPlugin
> [...]
>
> IMO this should be higher in the list , as this will allow us to
> reduce the number of dependencies in installer scipt .

I discussed this with hasienda briefly and he was against integrating it
because he felt the plugin was complex, but also well maintained. I'm not
sure about the former, but I can understand his position on the latter.
Several of the other plugins on the list were not maintained, so by
integrating them we can both make sure they work well with
AccountManagerPlugin and add support for an unsupported plugin. Reducing
the number of dependencies we have is a good goal though.

> >  10. Enhance the plugin's macros by integrating the UserStatsMacro and
> > WikiStatsMacro.
> >

> What's the relationship between AccountManagerPlugin and
> WikiStatsMacro o.O ? I mean at least by the name the later is not
> related neither with accounts nor with management , but wiki instead .
> That's what it looks unrelated to me .

For the most part, WikiStatsMacro provides information about users. There
is a UserCount macro that gives a count of the number of users in the
system (required AccountManagerPlugin), and a Stats macro that provides
wiki edit and attachment counts for each user. I agree that it isn't so
clear how the macro was related to AccountManagerPlugin, but the
WikiStatsMacro needed to be rewritten due to some poor coding (in
particular the SQL queries were not DB-agnostic), so hasienda decided to
just go ahead and make it part of AccountManager. I think this work was
mostly done, and I've since dropped support for the WikiStatsMacro.

> OTOH , these are plugins related to TracGVizPlugin , so it'd be very
> nice if solutions for both would be implemented in such a way that
> they could be easily reused as foundations for implementing
> corresponding GViz data sources .
>
> Hopefully you'll hear more about this subject soon .
>
> [...]

I'm not familiar with TracGVizPlugin, but I'll add it to my list of plugins
to investigate.