From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #324: Multiproducts UI: (Meta) navigation
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:12:41 GMT
For showing a dropdown in the breadcrumb we could just show a downward
pointing triangle to the right of the object name.
For example:

ProductName ▼

On 3 January 2013 16:02, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/3/13, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> >>
> [...]
> >> OTOH every time I think about
> >> products in my mind I consider large deployments e.g. similar to
> >> sourceforge , google code , github , bitbucket , ... <add your own>
> >>
> >> I don't think the drop down will fit well in one such scenario ...
> >>

> > Only product that a user has access to. So even in big environments
> normal
> > uses should see only a couple of them.
> > On the other hand if the whole thing is public (everybody has read access
> > for all products) this might become a bit more tricky.
>
> If you ask me I'd rather include in there *a subset* of products
> *owned* by the user .

-1 to only showing products owned by the user. That would be -none- in many
cases, it should be those that a given user is allowed to see.

> > For such cases we cold limit the dropdown to N items with a "more" item
> at
> > the bottom of the list.
> >

> +1

Or better make it a searchable dropdown a lá Chosen:
http://harvesthq.github.com/chosen/

Anyway, plenty of options.

- Joe

--