From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #324: Multiproducts UI: (Meta) navigation
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:28:11 GMT
> IMO , not quite . Besides there's another subject to discuss . What
> products will be displayed in there ? All products ?
>
> I've been reading recent comments and I'm under the impression that
> suggestions are focused on deployments consisting of a few products
> per environment . Maybe I'm wrong . OTOH every time I think about
> products in my mind I consider large deployments e.g. similar to
> sourceforge , google code , github , bitbucket , ... <add your own>
>
> I don't think the drop down will fit well in one such scenario ...

Only product that a user has access to. So even in big environments normal
uses should see only a couple of them.
On the other hand if the whole thing is public (everybody has read access
for all products) this might become a bit more tricky.
For such cases we cold limit the dropdown to N items with a "more" item at
the bottom of the list.