From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] [RFC] Permissions in product scope
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:57:23 GMT
I agree with Joe here but we still need to find a technical solution to
make it all work here.
I must say I do not completely understand the diference between what Andrej
and Olemis are suggesting in one key point:

We do need to say that every product administrators also has a role of
TRAC_ADMIN in his product scope (to make the admin page and plugins
working). So Andrej suggest that we do that unconditionally and Olemis
suggest that we do that conditionally.

Question for Andrej: How do we prevent product administrators from changing
system level settings?
Question for Olemis: How do we do that conditional TRAC_ADMIN role thingy
to prevent changing product administrators from changing system level
settings?

I imagine that the hard part is the same in both proposals and that the
differences are only a small implementation detail.

The real question for me is: while all this seems useful, is it important
enough to complicate things at this point in time?
Do not get me wrong, I do think it should be solved sooner than later, but
it should not block us form rolling out a multiproducts without it.

Peter