From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Approach to track of plugin upgrades WAS: svn commit: r1437357 - /incubator/bloodhound/branches/bep_0003_multiproduct/bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct/api.py
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:22:16 GMT
I got a bit confused with the wording so would like to clarify:

1. Plugin should have one or one per component
BaseEnvironmentSetupParticipant correct (as not one per version)?
2. The BaseEnvironmentSetupParticipant::get_db_setup_contributors() speaks
of db scripts but actual upgrades are contained in modules. Should this
actually be get_upgrade_modules()?
3. What is the benefit of having new tables separate from the free db
upgrades?
4. If we have special support for db upgrades, have you considered having
something for ini files as well (I imagine plugins will be adding
new/updating configuration entries as well)

Looks great otherwise,
Peter

PS to Olemis: Whenever I leave your links to Blog EN/Blog ES in my replay,
Apache rejects my emails as SPAM.

On 26 January 2013 00:12, Jose Angel Franco Navarro <jangel.franco@gmail.com