From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: AccountManagerPlugin
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:52:12 GMT
On 3 January 2013 17:01, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> Hello Bloodhound devs,
>
> I've been testing the latest release of !AccountManager, and found a few
> minor issues that will be fixed in the upcoming release (0.4.3):
>  * http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10681
>  * http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10680
>
> I don't think those issues are serious enough to go into the details here,
> but if you are experiencing any issues that you think might be related to
> AccountManager, feel free to ping me as I've also been helping with user
> installation issues and may be familiar with problems you may come across.
>
> Since AccountManager is an important part of Bloodhound, I've been getting
> up to speed on the codebase with the intention of making some significant
> contributions to the plugin. So far I've tackled just some minor WebAdmin
> UI enhancements:
>  * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10739
>  * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10740
>  * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10741
>  * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10742
>  * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10743
>  * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10745
>
> As I become more familiar with the codebase I'll start to tackle larger
> features. I'll be working with the plugin maintainer to layout a feature
> roadmap for upcoming release and provide more information here when that
> information is available.
>
> For now, I just wanted to list some of the features that are on the table
> for upcoming releases, and give the Bloodhound community the chance to
> comment on what might be most important to tackle for upcoming releases. I
> will consider focusing my efforts according to whatever feedback I receive.
> The following is a list that I've loosely prioritized according to my
> current thinking:
>  1. #10747:  Allow accounts to be created from the command line by
> implementing IAdminCommandProvider interface, and consider other commands
> to implement
>  2. #10002: Allow accounts to be manually locked
>  3. #1001: Implement an extensive XmlRpc interface
>  4. #3113: Implement more extensive password policy checks
>  5. Integrate the UserManagerPlugin (I've taken over maintenance of this
> plugin and will provide more info on what this plugin provides once I get
> more up to speed on the codebase).
>  6. #9947: Integrate functionality of FineGrainedPageAuthzEditorPlugin
>  7. Integrate the HtGroupsEditPlugin
>  8. #9943: Add group-based and preference-based configurable login page
>  9. Integrate the PermRedirectPlugin
>  10. Enhance the plugin's macros by integrating the UserStatsMacro and
> WikiStatsMacro.

There is one thing that I am missing from this list that should probably be
number 1: Bloodhound multiproduct awareness
I must admit that I am not familiar enough with AccountManager plugin and
Trac's security model at the moment to form a proper feature request.

I will look into both to get an idea what we want/need here. If it turns
out that BH requires some BH multiproduct specific changes to be useful to
us, do we have any idea how plugin author would see such a request?