From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject [BEP-0003] Request for comments : DB configuration vs ConfigParser
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 23:11:26 GMT
While working on #115 I've tried to keep new config objects interface
identical to Trac's . Nonetheless the later have two levels of caching
:

  1. `_cache` instance method
  2. Mapping object(s) used under the hood by ConfigParser instance
     used to load INI file (e.g. trac.ini)

This means that write operations on configuration files only touch (2)
in first place and changes are not persisted until after save() method
is invoked .

The circumstances for multi-product configuration are a bit different
considering the fact that settings will be stored in the DB . So in
that case I'm considering the possibility of commiting changes right
away to the DB rather than having a second-level cache since the later
approach will make things easier afaics . Nonetheless that will break
somehow the contract of `trac.config.Configuration` type , ...

... so I'd like to know beforehand if anybody has anything to say
about that subject . Comments ? Objections ?

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/