From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Minor difference in PostgreSQL install instructions
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:50:15 GMT
While installing a new instance in Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) , in particular
in PostgreSQL steps I've noticed a minor issue . Instructions mention
this command

{{{
$ createdb -U postgres -O bloodhound -E UTF-8 bloodhound
createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  new encoding (UTF8) is
incompatible with the encoding of the template database (SQL_ASCII)
HINT:  Use the same encoding as in the template database, or use
template0 as template.
}}}

but , as you can see , it fails . It will work this way

{{{
$ createdb -U postgres -O bloodhound -E UTF-8 bloodhound -T template0
}}}

This is package info .

{{{
#!sh

$ dpkg -l postgresql
||/ Name                                 Version
       Description
+++-====================================-====================================-========================================================================================
ii  postgresql                           9.1+129ubuntu1
       object-relational SQL database (supported version)

}}}

I noticed that sample code in the guide is focused on PostgreSQL 9.2 ,
but considering the fact that Ubuntu 12.04 seems to deliver 9.1 by
default in the repositories maybe it's worth just to mention that `-T
...` might be necessary .

What do you think ?

--
Regards,