From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Bloodhound i18n , translations , and alike ...
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 03:03:59 GMT
As could be expected , after some successful installations there is
interest in an issue tracker oriented to communities sharing common
language and cultural characteristics . Nowadays Trac offers very good
translations . Nonetheless , since the very moment Apache™ Bloodhound
changed / introduced different approaches to UX / UI , it turns out
that such support is not as effective as it should .

Therefore I'm putting this subject on the table for our consideration .

  1. What shall be done about translations ?
  2. Should something be started for Release 5 ?
  3. What would be the translation workflow ? Like Trac's ?
      How does it work ?
  4. Current resources about i18n for Trac extensions / plugins ?
  5. Translators ... where are they ? ;)
  6. Will such translations be included in ASF svn repos ? in trunk ?
  7. What will be the impact on the release process ?
  8. Is Apache™ Bloodhound code base ready for translation ?
  9. ... ? :P

As you can see , many questions indeed . Please throw your $0.02 coins ... ;)

PS: More precisely we have received requests for Spanish and
Portuguese translations . According to my skills I could contribute to
Spanish and French translations .

--
Regards,

Olemis.